Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Planting

I know that I may be a little late, but I started my garden vegetables last week in seedling trays. Since the spring rain last night they are beginning to emerge through the soil. It is so exciting watching their progress every day. Seems like the broccoli and cauliflower is faster germinating then the tomatoes and peppers.


I also planted all my greens directly into the soil. It took me three hours to get all the greens planted. I may be pushing my luck a little since we still are not completely safe from frost. I expect I may have to get up early and water everything if we get a frost. There is nothing like having your own food that you know is organically grown with love. Love is the most neglected ingredient in today's food supply and knowing you grew you own food really makes a difference. This should be the primary health care plan for everyone is to grow their own food. I will post some photographs so you can see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment